Valerie L. Holton, PhD, LCSW, is recognized for her leadership in and work on the role of urban universities in their communities. As the principal of Holton Consulting, LLC, Valerie helps global institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations and their communities work better together to educate engaged citizens, generate new knowledge and build healthy communities.
Valerie lives with her family in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Faculty, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
- Fulbright Senior Scholar, National Taiwan University (2018)
- Executive Editor, Metropolitan Universities journal
- Ph.D., Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Master of Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bachelor of Arts, The College of William & Mary